www.IKRHS.com

The International Kukri Research & Historical Society
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:52 pm 

I have been lurking arround this forum as a guest now for a few months. I am quite new to the world of Kukri but I must admit to have fallen hard for these misterious, curved and often rusted hunks of wonder. I can't quite put my finger on why I am so taken with these objects but I have found myself harbouring a passion and craving for all things Kukri.
In this, my first post, I would like to say thank you to all of you guys who have chosen to contribute and share your pictures, articles, posts, wisdom and opinion on this forum over the years. As someone new to this often dark and wonderful arena of collecting I have found your work here most illuminating and invaluable. I would also like to put a curse on all of your houses for enabling me to get firmly hooked in a pastime/obsession that is going to rob me of innumerable hours and countless fortunes over the years to come.
But hey, everyone needs a hobby, right? And now I feel it's time to "go hard, or go home!" as the young whipper snappers like to say

I will be posting some (hopefully) interesting Kukri photos as soon as I learn how. I'm hoping to share some of my fledgling finds with you and I'll be pestering you for some experienced enlightenment where you feel fit to provide it.

All the very best for now
And thanks again.

Wingle77

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 am 

Welcome Wingle! (words I never thought I would type...)

You are in the right place to discuss your kukri addiction. As you will have found, it takes hold fast, and in severe cases, can cause extreme poverty!!

Looking forward to seeing your newly acquired pieces, as I am sure are the rest of our small but ardent band of remaining contributors!

All the best,

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:26 pm 

A warm welcome.
You have found a little band of like minded folk here. We all have a problem, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I fell for these most iconic of blades some years and many paychecks ago. There are still bargains out there though so enjoy the archives, read lots, handle as many as you can and please let us see what you find. Forums always need to expand and ours welcomes any like minded people.

Kind regards
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:34 pm 

Welcome to the addiction. You're among friends. 20 kukris and counting...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 pm 

Thanks all for your kind and enabling words of welcome. Very much appreciated.

seems a little quiet on the Kukri front at the moment. I think our man Highlander has tracked them all down! And qudos to him! He seems to be collecting at a prodigious rate! The man is a Kukri magnet and he seems to have a keen eye for this sort of thing ....and excellent taste to boot. Hats off to the best kukri hunter in the village .......what a stud! :mrgreen:

I only have one serious Kukri at the moment. It's a green horn handled duo chirra. (Quite a good looking fella IMHO) but he sits majestic and lonely on my fireplace while I search for a playmate or two for him.

Fingers crossed I can find a buddy for him before christmas!
I'll post a wanted add in the buy/sell section and see if I have any luck! ( I probably stand a better chance writing to Santa :D )

Thanks again fellas and all the very best

Rory

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:36 am 

Hi Wingle welcome to the mad mad world of kukri , its an awesome adventure i find with these old blades ,frustrating sometimes ,but 99% of the time very enjoyable ,u can fall in love with them ,sounds strange i know but i bet most of the guys here are in the same boat Enjoy.
Highlander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:31 pm 

Hi Wingle77, welcome to the fold! These Kukri things are addictive indeed. I've had to limit myself, well, try to limit myself, anyway!
Send me a pm if you're looking for some more Kukri.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 pm 

this one is FAO the administrators/moderators

I have recieved an invitation to DM a member o the forum w
(I would like to PM dodgy dave and reply to him directly re garding his recent post )
I dont seem to be able to do this.

could you please provide some guidence on how I can "direct message" a fellow member of the forum?
and is it allready possible for established members to DM me?

please do not bother adding this entry to the thread and email me direct with the reply if you can.

Many thanks

Rory