www.IKRHS.com

The International Kukri Research & Historical Society
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:11 am 

As far as I know a Enfield contract kukri has never been posted on the IKRHS forum. So what I have been told is Enfield put out contract to various English cutlerly
manufactureres to produce kukris during World War 1. The top kukri is of unknown contractor it stamped on the left side of the blade with Enfield proof
and the number 15, I think this stands for 1915. The scabbard is metal with a leather cover made by A.Cooper Birmingham, scabbards of this type have been posted on the forum before. The kukri stats are as fallows:Blade length of 12 3/4 inches, OAL of 15 3/4, blade thickness of 1/4 inch, blade thickness at belly
1 7/8 and weight is 16.0oz.
The bottom kukri is similar in appearance but made by S.J.Kitchen of Sheffied England. It is stamped with Kitchen over Sheffield on the right side and the
Enfield proof with the 15 number on the left side of the blade. Stats are:blade length is 12 1/4 inches, OVL of 15 1/2 , blade thickness of 1/4,
blade width at the belly is 1 7/8 and weight of 14.8oz.
Now during the spring on a Ebay auction out of Australia there was another Enfield proofed kukri but it was sightly different it had only one flut and had the number 16, I also think this stands for 1916.
I put this up primarily for the sharing of information, if you have any comments they are most appreciated.

Attachments:
P1010890.JPG
P1010890.JPG [ 65 KiB | Viewed 1989 times ]