Golden Rule.jpg [ 579.98 KiB | Viewed 1672 times ]
In the context of this forum, I have the gold. I am the guy who pays the rent for the server out of his own pocket. I don't sell ads. I don't sell products or services. I keep this venue going because I am interested in the subject matter, and I like to learn from other people who have different experiences and viewpoints. I do not do it because I have any personal axe to grind or point of view to sell. I do not do it because I am on any kind of power trip, or enjoy refereeing schoolyard squabbles, no matter how erudite or scholarly the combatants. So, here are the rules.
1. Make your point.
2. Allow others to make their points.
3. Respond to the points made by others, but do so in a manner that avoids personal attacks or brings in off-forum events or history. People come here to learn about kukris, not to listen to reality internet.
4. When you have stated your point and made your response, sit down and shut up.
If you have your own forum, website or blog that you pay for, you can make your own rules there and enforce them. Feel free to wail, gnash your teeth and rend your garments to your heart's content. Don't expect to do it here.
5. If your post disappears or gets edited, it is because you haven't followed the rules. This isn't a democracy. Get over it.
6. Life is short - too short to make enemies or hold grudges. Agree to disagree. Live long and prosper.
7. Oh, and there is a real Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
With respect for all,
International Kukri Research and Historical Society Administrator and Moderator