www.IKRHS.com

The International Kukri Research & Historical Society
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 9:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:38 pm 

Hello,

I'm regretfully selling three prized Kukri, all of which are among my favourite Kukri.

First up I have a very rare and very exciting two handed lambendh, (hanshee) piece. It is the same example which I featured in a little thread last year. It is about 15" (38/39cm)in the blade and has a beautiful long, double handed handle. The pictures will be easily found using my past posts. This is an unusual specimen to come and up and is in great condition considering its very very old age. There is is some shipping to one side of the handle, but I'd still trust it were the North Koreans to invade tomorrow (naturally I'm in France so it wouldn't be much use unless I could attach a white flag to it...... Low blow I know! :p)

Second I have a good size military Kukri, probably pre WW1. It's steel bolster, partial tang and crescent stamp suggest late 1800s. It has a 33cm blade. This is a heavy duty piece and looks designed for heavy work. If I remember correctly this is around 650 grams.

Thirdly, I have a lovely WW1 officers Kukri with a horn handle. The handle has a greenish tinge which may imply non-buffalo horn. But i am no expert on different horns (in spite of intention to become knowledgeable on this subject) . When i bought it i intended to investigate whether this might be a nobler horn, but have not been in the same country as it enough to establish its origin. The blade is around 33cm. It comes with a sheath, and if desirable I would be able to find out the name of the officer from whose estate this came.

I apologise for the slight imprecision. I am living in Paris now and do not have my Kukri to hand. Swift shipping would be no problem because my sister now has custody of these fine items, and would of course pst them straight away.

I hope these will be able to go to a good home.

Best regards,

JT Cole