www.IKRHS.com

The International Kukri Research & Historical Society
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Thompson M1928A1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:24 pm 

As recently requested, photos of my Deactivated Thompson M1928A1. This model of Thompson was widely used by the British Army in WW2 and were some of the first weapons to be sent to Britain by the U.S under the Lend Lease agreement in the early part of the war.
This particular gun was a part of the many shipments of arms to the former Soviet Union in WW2 and was kept in storage by them, until quite recently.
It has the basic Lyman 'battle sight' and unfinned barrel. the 50 round drum magazine is a reproduction, as real ones cost almost as much as a complete gun! I have managed to find a correct Kerr sling, which were supplied with the Thompson Sub Machine Carbine.
Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Thompson M1928A1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:31 pm 

Couple more photos:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:31 pm 

A very nice "Tommy" you have there Dave!

I will see if I have any pictures of mine floating around, if not. I'll get on with taking a few. I think mine has a ladder site at the rear, and also came by way of Russia.

Apologies for missing this thread by the way, it just passed me by!

All the best,

Chris

Post subject: Thompson M1928A1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:32 am 

Hello Bob,Welcome. You have basically found the current digital home of The American Thompson Association. NFAtoys is still an active site, but rarely gets updated as Machinegunboards has become the go to site for Thompson information. The old newsletters have started to be digitized, membership applications and All Thompson Show and Shoot information is posted on this board. Many of the members and board members hang out here too. Membership consists of four quarterly color newsletters. We also meet at least once a year for a business meeting, in conjunction with the show and shoot, while also doing various displays. Possibly you saw us at the Michigan Antique Arms show in February. Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to shoot me a PM. If you are free the first week of August, come join us for the show and shoot in SE Ohio. They are a nice bunch of folks, even though it IS in Ohio and many of the members are from there as well. Ron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:53 pm 

Banned for spam, you could have legitimately mentiond your site in this post, but your fake cut & paste reply to bob shows your a dirty spammer.